- Events & Announcements
- Annual Activities
- Meetings & Minutes
- Community Relations Subcommittee
- Faculty Development and Concerns Subcommittee
- Minority Women Concerns Subcommittee
- Staff Advocacy Subcommittee
- Student Concerns Subcommittee
- Women’s Resource Page
- Contact Us
The Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Women (CCSW) is an advisory body dedicated to promoting the academic, professional, cultural and social welfare of women as well as providing leadership on the history, needs and resources of said population at the University of Illinois at Chicago. To do this, the various subcommittees of the CCSW focus on a variety of facets of UIC life such as representation, climate, policies, services, and practices that affect women faculty, staff and students. The CCSW makes recommendations to the chancellor addressing these issues as well as developing, initiating and managing programs that further address the comprehensive concerns of women. The CCSW is enthusiastic about working collaboratively with diverse communities on campus and building relationships with off-campus community organizations for the empowerment of women in order to help develop and maintain a supportive environment for all members of the university’s diverse population.
In promoting the academic, professional, cultural and social development of women faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Women (CCSW) is devoted to the following tasks:
- Communicating the various elements concerning the status and experiences of women at UIC to the administration.
- Leading the cultivation of a positive, equitable environment where women may thrive in all areas and levels of their UIC experience.
- Developing university programs designed to improve the quality of opportunities and curricula available to women.
- Enhancing UIC’s relationship with the various women and communities that advocate for women throughout the Chicago-land area.
UIC is among the nation’s most diverse universities. We consider diversity a strength that contributes to the success of our students, staff, faculty, and institutional research. Neither diminished state support nor a more challenging financial environment should deter us from our commitment to diversity.
UIC established the Chancellor’s Status Committees to assist the campus community in supporting our diverse students, faculty, and staff. Every year, faculty, staff, and students are nominated by existing committee members and appointed annually by the Chancellor as an official executive committee member. Their participation reflects the importance of service to the university and reflects the diversity of our campus. Involvement in Status Committee meetings is open to the entire UIC community and supported by the Chancellor thereby considered approved for employee participation. Chancellor Amiridis encourages the campus to call upon the Status Committees to seek their assistance or take part in their efforts.
All Status Committees are administered through UIC’s Office of Diversity.
2017 – 2018 Co-Chairs:
Aleeca Bell — email@example.com — 312-996-8051
Catherine Williams — firstname.lastname@example.org — 312-996-6194
For sponsorship request, please fill out our sponsorship request form.