- Events & Announcements
- Annual Activities
- Meetings & Minutes
- Community Relations Subcommittee
- Faculty Development and Concerns Subcommittee
- Minority Women Concerns Subcommittee
- Staff Advocacy Subcommittee
- Student Concerns Subcommittee
- Women’s Resource Page
- Contact Us
CCSW-MWC Mini Professional Development Awards
From 2006 to 2014, the CCSW Minority Women Concerns Subcommittee assisted women in attending the UIC Women’s Leadership Symposium. Although the symposium has been discontinued, we continue to directly support women’s professional development by providing this mini award.
Depending on funding and the number of requests, up to 10 women may be selected to receive a $25, $50, or $75 mini professional development award. Applications are accepted during April and recipients are notified by May 16th. Recipients must use the funds by June 23rd to purchase items and/or register for a professional development opportunity that occurs on or before June 30th.
CCSW may only cover expenses that are in accordance with OBFS guidelines. This award will not cover any expenses that are not within the OBFS guidelines (i.e., alcohol, gifts, salary, etc). Please refer to the OBFS purchasing guidelines. (http://www.obfs.uillinois.edu/). Travel expenses must be reimbursed and thus travel must be completed by June 24rd so there is time to submit your receipts before June 30th. You must save receipts for all reimbursed expenses. Any funds that mini award recipients do not use will be forfeited.
Examples of expenses that may be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Expenses associated with attending a professional conference, training, or workshop (registration, travel expenses, per diem, etc.)
- Membership fees for a professional organization
- Books, journals, other materials relative to applicant’s professional development proposal
To be considered for the mini professional development award, please apply below.
This form closed on April 28, 2017 and will reopen the first Monday in April 2018.